Law library folks and legal researchers will want to mark their calendars for May 15-18, 2016: those are the dates of the 2016 CALL/ACBD Conference taking place in Vancouver at the Westin Bayshore.
Here are just a few program highlights for each day:
- Plenary: The Law of Evidence in the Digital Environment
- First Timers Reception
- Opening Reception at the Vancouver Aquarium
- Session: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About US Legal Research But Were Afraid to Ask: US Legal Research for Canadians
- Session: Effective Approaches for Business Development and Marketing Research
- Dine Arounds
- Lightning Talks
- Session: Copyright for Private Law Libraries
- Session: Rethinking Library Services: Don't Fix it if it Ain't Broke
- Closing Reception Harbour Cruise
- Session: Wine and Weed - West Coast Vices or National Debate?
- Session: Digitization on a Shoestring
- Session: The Lean Library - How to Apply Process Improvement Concepts to your Organization
There are also plenty of fun and engaging social events to take part in (Granville Island Market Foodie Tour, anyone?).
Early bird rates are available before April 1st, 2016, and offer significant savings over regular rates. See the conference website for complete registration information.