With funding from the Law Society of BC, Mediate BC is pleased to bring a new theme, "Behind the Scenes of Mediation" to the week long event. The theme will help Mediate BC reach their objective to "pull back the curtain and help people understand what really happens in mediation: the role a mediator plays, what the parties might experience, the different kinds of conflict that are well-suited for mediation and mediation success stories, etc." Similar events will also take place at the same time in Alberta and the US.
Mediate BC will promote Conflict Resolution Week by:
- "Distributing Conflict Resolution Week posters to libraries across the province (courtesy of Courthouse Libraries BC)
- Issuing a province-wide media release about Conflict Resolution Week
- Tweeting daily about Conflict Resolution Week @MediateBCSoc starting October 10 and retweeting mediator tweets about the week and local activities
- Posting local Conflict Resolution Week events and activities on our website
- Connecting with partner organizations to inform them of this promotional campaign and ask for their support."
For a toolkit, supporting materials and to participate, visit Mediate BC online.