The event, themed as "Building a Better Lawyer: Do Yourself Justice", was hosted at the Telus Convention Centre in Calgary, Alberta. The conference's purpose was to educate lawyers, provide a platform for lasting networking and strategically plan for the upcoming year. CBA Past President, Michele Hollins passed the torch to Janet Fuhrer as new CBA President.
Feedback from the event has been overwhelmingly positive. Registrants were offered a variety of seminars lead by industry thought leaders. Featured speakers included:
- The Right Honourable Beverley Mclachlin, P.C., Chief Justice of Canada
- Doctor Larry Richard, Lawyer, Psychologist, Lawyer Brain
- Michele Westlander-Quaid, Chief Innovation Evangelist, Google, Inc.
- Leonard Brody, Lawyer and Business & Technology Visionary
- Margaret Hagan, Lawyer and Designer, Stanford University
For an informative article on the keynote speaker, Beverley Mclachlin's speech, check out Omar Ha-Redeye's recollection of the event.
Two representatives from Dye & Durham were pleased to attend the conference. Stay tuned for our upcoming Beats by Dre portable, wireless speaker winner announcement! Learn more about this year's event using the hashtag #CBALC and don't miss out on next year's conference in Ottawa, Ontario!