The 16-page pamphlet sets out in plain language the law as it pertains to the fair division of family assets. Topics covered in Separation Agreements: Your Right to Fairness include:
- Making a fair separation agreement;
- Setting aside an unfair separation agreement;
- Preparing financial statements for court;
- Managing the case and working with a lawyer; and
- Where to get free legal help.
It also makes note that there are publications, court forms, fact sheets and other comprehensive family law resources available on the LSS Family Law in BC website.
It is currently available in English, both in print and online, and by Spring 2014 will be available in 6 languages, including: simplified and traditional Chinese, Punjabi, Spanish and Tagalog.