The Summit "...will explore new frontiers of workplace health promotion and prevention. The Summit provides a unique opportunity for business leaders, union representatives, OH&S, frontline practitioners, HR professionals and researchers, to learn about the latest strategies for improving mental and physical health in Canadian workplace."
It is scheduled from October 22-23 at the Four Points by Sheraton in Kelowna. Speakers include: Alf Kempf of Pushor Mitchell, Dr. Bruce Hobson, family practitioner, Renèe-Louise Franche, work disability prevention and occupational health consultant and many, many more.
Topical issues concerning corporations today to be discussed include:
- "Reducing absenteeism and presenteeism;
- Reducing risks to psychological health and safety in workplaces;
- Improving employee engagement in existing wellness initiatives;
- Enabling employer-union collaboration to achieve health and wellness goals;
- Implementing best practices for work disability prevention;
- Taking a collaborative approach to return-to-work;
- Aligning health, safety and wellness initiatives with corporate strategy;
- Making a leadership commitment to creating healthier and safer workplaces;
- Encouraging a culture of wellness by engaging employees and employers."